Friday, November 05, 2010

Pay raise for State MP's

It looks like the state MP's got themselves other pay raise (Click here for the story).

$133,803.00 per year now for a backbencher. I think this is a little rich.
I believe a frontbencher will be getting now $200,000.00 per year, which is also a little too rich.

This is specially the case when the state government is ran like a circus and they can do what they want (due to the fact Queensland doesn't have a higher house, see previous blogs). I can see justification for the raise (for backbenchers) if the state is in the black and running the way it should be, but at the moment it's not!

In either case, I feel $200,000 is too much for a frontbencher, and the Premier gets even more!!

If I was to be elected into government, I would donate $14,000.00 each year of my salary to local and state charities for the first two years I'm in office.

Regards, Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment